? ??????????????Holy Cow? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (6 Ratings)??29 Grabs Today. 1480 Total Grabs. ??????Pre
view?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????White Tiger? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (744 Ratings)??29 Grabs Today. 31615 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy I BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

For someone who used to make a career out of working out, I have managed to not step foot in a gym in almost 2 years! Who would have thought??...

It basically came down to choosing between spending time with my husband at night or going to the gym. I of course chose the first option and that has been so much better for my soul than buff biceps. I have done what I can with the kids like running with the double stroller or doing lunges and push-ups while we play in the yard. Not going to the gym has turned out to be a really good thing because I have figured out how to incorporate exercise here and there throughout the day and I don't feel so obligated to "work out". Mitch and I have just started doing a workout video together a few times a week and that has been the best of both worlds...time with my hubby and exercise. This brings me to the point of this entry: our workout video. We have started doing yoga and we found this great video with 3 different workouts at 3 different levels. We are on level one and probably will there for a while. If you can get past the instructor's hair and jean shorts, it's really a great workout. So, if you are looking for something challenging to do in the comfort of you own home (maybe you can even get your hubby to join you!), try
this workout by Bryan Kest.

3 comments:

lauren said...

i am so impressed that you have gotten your husband to do yoga with you. SO impressed.

do you have any recs for prenatal yoga videos?

Amanda said...

The link wouldn't work...maybe it's just me...maybe somebody else could try it too. It sounds like a great idea!

Michael said...

Allison...hi! I found you through your comment on Brooke's blog. I was just thinking about how it's been about a year since I've worked out. for real. We just had our first child in October...just over 11 weeks old. Fun to have your suggestion. I was thinking that I can't even find time to vacuum my house or get to the store, let alone work out. I thought today maybe it will be wise to make an attempt at an old pilates video stuffed in the closet. Maybe I'll try your suggestion. Hope all is well! Our blog is www.reluctantpilgrim.blogspot.com.
Jackie Fogas