? ??????????????Holy Cow? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (6 Ratings)??29 Grabs Today. 1480 Total Grabs. ??????Pre
view?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????White Tiger? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (744 Ratings)??29 Grabs Today. 31615 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy I BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

H

Hiatus - Sorry for the lack of blogging lately! We had sick kids, then friends in town, and we headed out of town for Labor Day. So, we are back home and all is back to normal.
Honeymoon - Hubby and I can't help but laugh when we think of ours. Being that we were broke, we went to Mentone, AL where one of my dad's acquaintances let us stay at their house for free. The house was repossessed from a drug dealer and was decked out in 70's decor. Our favorite? A water bed with pink satin sheets, light bulbs across the top of the headboard, and heart cut outs up the side. We ended up sleeping in the bunk house which was a large room with 14 twin/bunk beds. All of the restaurants in Mentone were closed due to a big festival they had the weekend before, so we ate most of our honeymoon meals at the McDonald's in Fort Payne. I got stung by a bee on my ring finger, had to go to THE doctor twice during that week, and it was so warm while we were there that Mitch literally almost passed out after attempting to "relax" in the hot tub. We had so much fun that we decided to come home a day early. Maybe one day Oprah will give us a honeymoon redo!

Having fun in the tub - Here are N and J pretending to have a snack in the tub.


I
"In the Ghetto" - the name of the song playing on the radio when Mitch proposed. Romantic.
Indigo Girls - The tape I listened to most in high school.
"Ickle me, pickle me, tickle me, too" - When I was a kid, this was one of my favorite poems by Shel Silverstein. Did anyone else read "Where the Sidewalk Ends" as a kid?

2 comments:

jess said...

maybe the asheville trip will make up for your honeymoon...y'all have always had the most "interesting" honeymoon story...i mean! that bed sounds hilarious!! i'll be praying for no allergic reactions and better sleeping arrangements this go round ;)

Amanda said...

Our honeymoon was the first time I realized that Ray would rather sit inside the hotel room and watch ESPN ALL DAY LONG rather than do anything else. At least it was cold, so laying out at the beach wasn't a great option!