? ??????????????Holy Cow? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (6 Ratings)??29 Grabs Today. 1480 Total Grabs. ??????Pre
view?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????White Tiger? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (744 Ratings)??29 Grabs Today. 31615 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy I BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Have You Heard About Lala?
We have been in Birmingham for a week now. I think we are close to a point where we finally feel rested again. The transition to a "new" city has been easier than I thought and we are happy to be here. However, adjusting to an apartment has been a bit harder than I expected. The complex is somewhat small and on the side of a hill, so there's no room to "stroll" with the stroller and I can't really run around the complex for fear of being run over. Thankfully there is an exercise room...

As I strolled up to the exercise room at the apartment complex yesterday evening, I was thrilled to find only 1 guy there. "Sweet!" I thought to myself. It's 5pm on a weekday which is typically one of the busiest times in a gym. I walk inside and hopped on one of the 6 treadmills they have lined up in a row. It doesn't work. Okay, so I get on the next one. Doesn't work. You see where I am going with this. No wonder no one is there. None of the machines work! I came back to the apartment pretty bummed out. All dressed up and no place to sweat. But, then I remembered reading my super cool friend Brooke's blog where she shared about LaLa. Lala is similar to iTunes, only you can listen to an entire song (for free) before you buy it and the songs are cheaper than itunes. SO, last night the kids and I boogied down to some songs on Lala and I definitely got my cardio in. We danced around to some of my old favorites like "Bust A Move" by Young MC and "Hey Ya" by OutKast. And I shamelessly admit we even danced to the Electric Slide! After the kids went to bed, I mellowed out to some Avett Brothers and Sandra McCracken. In times when the economy is like it is, we are all about free stuff at the Stephen's house. So, head on over to Lala and enjoy your favorite tunes!

1 comments:

jess said...

man. that is a bummer. reminds me of our previous apt. gym!
aaah. lala. can't say enough good things about that site. i love it, i love it! in fact i'm listening to it as i type!
we enjoyed time w/ mitch last night. tell him again that we were sorry to be late!!!!