? ??????????????Holy Cow? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (6 Ratings)??29 Grabs Today. 1480 Total Grabs. ??????Pre
view?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????White Tiger? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (744 Ratings)??29 Grabs Today. 31615 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy I BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, April 14, 2008

In honor of Spring Fashion Fiesta
...I post today about the dream I have for my closet. Boo Mama had this going on a few days ago, but today is the first day I have gotten around to it. So, here goes... the dream I have for my closet.

I will start off my saying that I have lived most of my life in the "the more I have in my closet the better" mindset. So, I filled my closet with some things that I really liked, but mostly with things that I found that were on sale and looked pretty decent. This really wasn't the way to go because that left me being really excited about what I was wearing only 2 days of the week (if that!).

One of the best things for me in having 2 babies so close together was, by the time I lost weight from baby #2, mostly everything in my closet was out of style or too dressy for me to wear as a SAHM. So, at the end of last summer I literally gave away practically everything in my closet... And started completely over. A bit scary for this girl who really doesn't like to shop, but a bit refreshing too. I managed to get some great stuff for winter, but now that summer is approaching I am staring at an empty closet. So, this is what my dream looks like for my spring/summer clothes:
-skirts - I love wearing skirts during the spring and summer. They are cooler than shorts and I think they are more comfortable. I have found a skirt online that hits just at the knee and is a soft, flowy cotton. If it's cute I will definitely get 2 of them (1 black and 1 white b/c those colors never go out of style) If I like them, I will let you know so you can get one, too!
-tank tops - I love sleeveless shirts and tanks. I am broader in the shoulders, so wearing these is more flattering to my figure than regular tee's. However, I will still gather a few tee's (at least one white) to have around.
-flips - I just got these a few weeks ago and they are my new best friend. Mitch and I have talked for 2 years about getting some and both finally got a pair. We love our flips in the summertime!
***This is a must for me these days: Anything I buy, shirt or skirts, must go with at least 2 other items in my closet. This way I have more options and I really get my money's worth of wear.

Ultimately, my dream closet consists of clothes that I am excited to wear. I would much rather have a few nicer items that I love to wear than a closet full of things that are just okay. To me, less is definitely more when it comes to clothes! What about you?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am w/ you on the less is more clothing philosophy. I haven't necessarily adopted this philosophy yet in practice, but maybe after I lose the baby weight I can revamp the old wardrobe! Summer will be a scary time for the wardrobe this year. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.